This Red Cabbage slaw is crispy, sweet and refreshing!! Great on a hot day, for a picnic, it can go with so many dishes.
- 1/2 red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 med carrots, shredded
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
-1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp l.c. finns Anise extract
- 1 tsp l.c. finns Ginger extract
Toss all the ingredients together and refrigerate for an hour before serving.
17oz of plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp cream
1 tsp of l.c. finns vanilla extract
fruit of your choice
whisk together the sugar, cream and extract. This recipe makes more than one serving of yogurt. Start with a layer of yogurt in a serving dish, add fruit, another layer of yogurt & more fruit. Top with granola if desired.
Banana Bread Cookies
2 large very ripe bananas
½ cup pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
1 tablespoon l.c. finns pure vanilla extract
2 cups old-fashioned oats
¼ cup brown rice flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon l.c. finns cinnamon extract
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
Almond-Butter Cocoa Filling
½ cup unsalted almond butter
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
1. Make the cookies: Preheat the oven to 350˚ and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mash the bananas and combine with the maple syrup, applesauce and vanilla. (The mixture shouldn’t be too smooth; small chunks of banana are great.) In a large bowl, combine the oats with the brown rice flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add the banana mixture to the oat mixture and mix until just combined.
3. Using a tablespoon, drop the batter onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing the cookies an inch apart. (Do your best to make them all the same size and shape, because they will be sandwiched together.) Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, or until they are golden brown and set but still soft and spongy. Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool on the baking sheets.
4. Make the filling: When the cookies are nearly done cooling, in a small bowl, mix the almond butter with the cocoa powder and maple syrup until combined.
5. Scoop a heaping teaspoon of filling and spread it on the bottom of a cookie. Take another cookie and sandwich them together. Repeat the process with the remaining cookies to make 9 sandwiches total. Serve.
Recipe from Purewow.com
What You Will Need for Despicable Me Minion Cupcakes:
Place 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice or vinegar in a 1-cup glass measure. Add enough milk to equal 1/2 cup. Let stand for 5 minutes before using.
To soften the cream cheese for the frosting, let it stand at room temperature about 30 minutes. Or, place it in a microwave-safe container and microwave, uncovered, on 100 percent power (high) about 10 seconds or until softened.
Place frosted cupcakes in an airtight container and chill in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. For longer storage, keep unfrosted cupcakes in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Thaw frozen cupcakes at room temperature for 1 hour before frosting. Store frosting in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
1 1/4 cups milk
2/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon l.c. finns Vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup flour
3 cups cherries, pitted
powdered sugar, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a blender, combine milk, 1/3 cup of sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt and flour, and blend. Lightly butter an 8-cup baking dish, and pour a 1/4-inch layer of blended mixture into the bottom. Set remaining batter aside. Bake about 7-10 minutes, until a film of batter sets in the pan, but mixture is not baked through. Remove from oven (don't turn off the oven). Distribute cherries over the set batter, then sprinkle with remaining sugar. Pour the remaining batter over the cherries and sugar. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until the clafouti is puffed and brown, and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Dust with powdered sugar and serve warm.
These Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies use fresh cranberries along with other complimentary ingredients to create something flavorful and delicious. Get creative with your fresh cranberries by making these Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies.
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon l.c. finns Vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup raisins
1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cranberries
1 tablespoon orange zest
12 ounces white chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Slowly add to the butter mixture. Stir in oats, raisins, cranberries and orange zest. Fold in chocolate chips, if desired. Drop by rounded teaspoon 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Cool completely on wire racks.