This recipe was modified from the Star Tribune’s Christmas Cookie Contest winner from 2008. The prize was well deserved, these cookies are A-mazing!
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 15 min
Total time: 45 min
Yield: 2 dozen
- 1/2 tsp - Baking Soda
- 2 tsp – l.c. finns Cardamom extract
- 1 tsp – l.c. finns Cinnamon extract
- 1-1/2 c – Flour: 1 1/2 cup
- 1/2 c – Butter, at room temperature
- 1 c – Sugar
- 1 egg
To prepare cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together baking soda, cardamom extract, cinnamon extract and flour and reserve.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter until creamy, about 1 minute.
- Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Reduce speed to low, add flour mixture and beat until just incorporated.
- Roll dough into balls and transfer to prepared baking sheets, spacing dough 2 inches apart. Carefully press dough with flat bottom of a drinking glass and bake until lightly browned, 14 to 16 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 2 minutes before transferring cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 1/2 – Butter, at room temperature
- 1 tsp – l.c. finns Vanilla extract
- 1/2 c – Milk
- 1/4 tsp – l.c. finns Cardamom extract
- 1/4 tsp – l.c. finns Cinnamon extract
- 4 c – Powered Sugar
To prepare icing:
- In a bowl of an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Add milk, cardamom extract and cinnamon extract and beat well.
- Reduce speed to low and add powdered sugar to reach desired consistency.
- Spread icing on cooled cookies.
Leave a comment